Vision Correction: What Procedure is Right for You?
Glasses…contact lenses…daily cleaning solutions…
These are the daily hassles that many people have to endure in order to see clearly. These visual aids help people who are nearsighted, farsighted or have astigmatism. However, if you are very active, wearing lenses can hinder your performance and prohibit you from participating in certain activities. The ongoing maintenance of glasses, frames and contacts can also be an expensive nuisance.
Are you a Candidate for Vision Correction?
Take our Free Self-Evaluation to find out!
At Fisher-Swale-Nicholson Eye Center (FSN Eye Center) we have helped thousands of people gain the freedom to live life without corrective lenses through different types of vision correction procedures:
- LASIK or PRK (photorefractive keratectomy): both of these procedures use a laser to correct refractive errors of nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism by altering the shape of the cornea
- EVO Visian ICL: implantable Collamer lenses are implanted between your iris and natural eye lens to correct nearsightedness and astigmatism
- Clear Lens Exchange (CLE): similar to cataract surgery, your natural eye lens is removed and replaced with a new lens that provides clear vision (but you don’t have to have cataracts to have this procedure)
When it comes to vision correction, a procedure that is effective for one person may not be right for you – even if you seemingly have the same eyeglass prescription. The right procedure for you will depend on several factors:
- Corneal health
- Presence of eye disease or eye conditions
- Strength of your glasses prescription (refractive error)
- Tear film assessment
- Medical condition
- Vision goals
The only way to find out if clear vision without glasses is a possibility for you is by scheduling a free Vision Correction Screening with us. You can learn if having a vision correction procedure in Bourbonnais, IL, is right for you. There is no obligation and you will leave our office knowing more about your own eye health. The decision on how to proceed will be entirely up to you.
Our Customized Approach to Vision Correction
LASIK vision correction is one of the most well-known vision correction procedures. However, it is not the only option and it’s not always the best option. At FSN Eye Center, take time to fully assess your eye health so we can recommend the very best vision correction procedure to meet your vision goals. This is done during our Vision Correction Screening: a free, no-obligation appointment at our office.
We have excellent success rates for vision correction using several different techniques:
- LASIK or PRK (photorefractive keratectomy): both of these procedures use a laser to correct refractive errors of nearsightedness, farsightedness astigmatism.
- EVO Visian ICL: made from biocompatible Collamer®, this lens is implanted into your eye through a tiny corneal incision. The lens allows light entering the eye to focus on the retina for clear vision. Even though the lens will be invisible to others, it can make your vision sharper and more vivid. Some patients will see more clearly immediately after the procedure is performed.
- Clear Lens Exchange (CLE): similar to cataract surgery, your natural eye lens is removed and replaced with a new lens that provides clear vision (but you don’t have to have cataracts to have this procedure). CLE may be recommended if you are experiencing presbyopia (the need for reading glasses).
How can you know which vision correction procedure is right for you? The only way is by allowing our team to assess your eye health and refractive errors during a free Vision Correction Screening. If you’re tired of wearing glasses or contacts, start the journey toward clearer vision with us! We’ll let you know if LASIK or another vision correction procedure in Bourbonnais would get you the results you want.
Free Vision Correction Screening