Prevent Blindness America has declared June, Cataract Awareness Month. The statistics are staggering about cataracts.
- 24 million Americans over the age of 40 are affected by cataracts.
- By age 75, approximately half of all Americans develop cataracts.
- Cataracts are the leading cause of blindness in the world!
- Cataracts account for 51% of all vision loss in the world, representing 20 million people (2010).
- The US spends $10.7 Billion per year treating cataracts.
The good news is that cataract surgery is one of the safest and most effective surgeries with a success rate of 95%!
We’ve compiled a list for you of all you need to know about cataracts from our website. Videos, articles, interactive booklet, and an assessment quiz, giving you a better idea of the treatment and more.
Interactive Booklet, article, and videos.
Article and patient story.
Article, video, and online self-assessment.
To schedule an appointment with us, call (815) 932-2020 to get your eyes evaluated.